Saturday, May 14, 2011

Giving Blood!

I've recently started giving platelets at the Community Blood Center in Topeka. I'm doing this every other Sunday and it takes about an hour and half. For me it is important because it is saving lives and there are many people that need and/or will need blood and its components. Giving blood is not for everyone, but if you are able to I suggest checking it out. There is also a rewards program that they offer. For every unit of blood, or a component (platelets, plasma, or red blood cells) you receive 100 points. With those points you can pick out prizes, such as water bottles, towels, camping chairs and more. I'm saving up my points for Movie Tickets. 

I just wanted to point out the deals can be found anywhere and a deal like this not only benefits you but it also benefits others as well. Here is a link to their website:



No comments:

Post a Comment