Monday, May 16, 2011

Free is good, stealing is bad.

I went to Subway yesterday for lunch. On my receipt there was a free drink if you go to their website and fill out a survey. I thought what a great freebie! Remember to check your receipts for free offers!

Now on to the stealing. In the case above, that is not stealing. However what I witnessed at Subway yesterday was a horrible scam. A guy walked in, ordered his sub, then went to pay for it and some how his money and credit cards were missing from his wallet. He told the cashier, just a second I'll call someone to bring me some money. He then pretended to make some calls and walked back over to the cashier and said that no one answered. He then said just throw it away. The lady behind the counter felt sorry for him and said just take the sandwich since I have to throw it away.  As he walked out he gave a thumbs up to his buddy in the car as if saying "yes it worked!" Then his buddy expressed excitement.

I guess there is a slight chance this guy was for real and really did lose all the contents of his wallet, but I find that hard to believe. Scams like this is not getting a good deal. It is stealing. I really hope he grows up and figures out what he is doing is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment