Monday, May 16, 2011

Walgreens Trip on 5-16

So I broke one of my #1 rules. Go to Walgreens on Sunday. That way they are not out of the sale items. Well I paid for it today. I ended up going to 3 Walgreens. But I have a good reason I didn't go on Sunday, my husband Neil had drill all weekend and I wanted to spend time with him. Just a little about my personal life and then I will get to the deals at Walgreens! Neil is deploying to Iraq at the end of August, however he goes on active duty starting July 5th (very soon)! So I do not have much time with him and want to spend time with him before he leaves. However come July 5th, i'll have plenty of time to update this blog!

Okay on to the Walgreens trip.

Store 1
I get to the first Walgreens at the end of Wannamaker. I was going to buy the Gillette body washes 3/$10 with $3 in RR. However no body washes! So I grabbed Old Spice body wash which is on the same deal. I bought 4 of them. I had 2 bogo coupons and 1 $1 off coupon when you buy 2. No questions asked. Used my coupons and got my $3RR. Out of Pocket Cost (before tax) 5.68, minus $3RR Final Cost $2.68 for 4! or 67cents each!
Normally 4.49 each, or $17.96 Total, a 85% Savings!

Store 2
Next store was at 29th and Gage. Still looking for the Gillette body washes. I finally found them! The deal I was working was buy 3/$10 get $3 in RR. I also had 4 $2 off coupons and coupons for buy one body wash get one free deodorant. So I filled my basket with 4 Gillette body washes and 4 deodorants.

Why 4 you ask? Because deodorants are buy one get one 50% off. I knew the computer would already take off $5.50 for the buy one get on 50% sale on the deodorants and then my free coupons would take off $4.99 each or $19.96 total. Technically the clerk should have lowered the coupons down to $2.75 (the actual price I was to pay for them) but from reading other blogs I found out that this was how it would ring up. So I thought I would give it a try and it did!

So the deal works out like this.
4 Body Washes for $13.34
4 Deodorants for  $19.96
Total $33.30
Minus Buy one get one 50% off Deodorants -$5.50
Minus 4 $2 coupons  -$8
Minus 4 ($4.99) Buy one get one free deodorants -$19.96
Minus $3 in RR you get for buying 3 body washes.
Final total $ - 3.16 plus Tax.

Retail cost for these 8 items $37.92, 108% savings!

Store 3
Here I did the same deal as at store one, however I did run into a problem with the cashier. This was at 21st and Fairlawn. I went to check out and the cashier told me I couldn't use 2 of the bogo coupons and 1 of the $1 off 2. I polity let her know that I could and that I just did at a different Walgreens. She replied that she did not think the computer would let her do it. I then said it would and if she need a copy of the store coupon policy I could provide it for her. She then scan the coupon and it worked! I smiled and took my great deal out  of the store. This could happen to you too! Carry a copy of the coupon policy in case you ever have a problem like this. Just be polite and if you have to, ask for a manager!

No comments:

Post a Comment